All fields are required.
Type of Entry (select all that your entry has)
Float/TrailerAutomobile(s)ATV/Golf Cart Marchers/Walkers DignitaryMarching Band/ROTCOther (please specify)
Approximate length of entry (in feet)
• No political campaigning.
• No profanity or sexual innuendos.
• Per City Council policy, there is NO THROWING CANDY FROM VEHICLES! Walkers may gently toss or hand out candy.
• All drivers of any motorized vehicles, including ATVs, must be licensed drivers.
• Drop-off and check in begins at 4:30 pm on 17/92 at French Ave. You will receive a map via email with staging instructions.
• The parade route begins at French Ave and heads south to Ohio Ave. The parade route is slightly approximately one mile in length. The parade ENDS at Fancy Fruit parking lot on Ohio Ave. You will not be permitted to continue south on 17/92.
• Floats should display the name of the business, school or organization.
• There is only one Santa and we have him reserved.
• The parade is in the evening (starts at 5pm). If you are in the second half of the parade, lights are recommended.
• Keep the theme “Snow Globe Parade” in mind when decorating.
• Safety is our main concern, no carelessness with vehicles or any other parade entry.
• Open container and the consumption of alcoholic beverages in public areas before, during and after the parade is strictly prohibited.
• Animals must be on a lead/leash and under control at all times. There must be someone to clean any waste.
• Awards will be given out for multiple categories:
o Best in Show Award (entry that carries out this year’s theme to the max!)
o Illuminations Award (most amazing display of lights)
o Jingle Bells Music Award (best use of music)
o Best Walking Group (best marching or walking entry)
o Christmas Spirit Award (entry with the most enthusiastic participants)
o Elfin Magic Award (best entry featuring children)
• Winners will be announced via Orange City social media. Winners will be recognized at a Council Meeting in January.
• Your entry’s line-up number should be visible on the driver’s side (east side) of float/vehicles. Judges will be located at Dickinson Park (just south of Graves Ave) on the east side of the road. If they cannot see your lineup number, then they may not be able to identify who you are and your parade entry may not be judged.
I have read and agree to the Parade Rules for this event. Click here to confirm acceptance
CITY OF ORANGE CITY RELEASE, WAIVER AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
I, for myself, my heirs and personal representatives, hereby assume all liabilities, risks, injuries and hazards to myself incidental to, or as a result of, participation in Orange City's Christmas Parade, including transportation to and from the said activity. I acknowledge the fact that this program may have, and/or do involve, distinct or inherent risks of physical injury or possibly even death, and physical contact or other conditions or factual circumstances where physical or other injuries may occur, due to the nature of the activity. I do hereby waive, release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Orange City, its officers, agents, employees, the organizers, sponsors, activity supervisors, co-sponsoring organizations and participants for any claim, demand, liability, costs, suits, charges or compensation for loss or injury of any kind arising out of a loss or an injury, including losses or injuries arising from the negligence of the City of Orange City, its agents or employees and sponsors or activity supervisors, arising from my participation in the said activity. I assume all risk of injury, liability, and loss arising from my participation or presence at said activity. I acknowledge that the City of Orange City will not assume any costs relating to any injury while I am involved in this activity.
This Waiver, Release and Hold Harmless/Indemnification Agreement is in consideration of the City of Orange City or activity sponsor permitting my participation in Orange City's Christmas Parade at issue and in further consideration of the City of Orange City not requiring self-funded liability insurance coverage on my part as a condition precedent to my participation in the activity. I freely and voluntarily assume all risk of loss or injury arising from my participation in the activity whether due to my negligence, or the negligence or intentional acts of others. I acknowledge that, absent this Release and indemnification, the City of Orange City or other sponsors of the activity would not have offered me the access to the activity because of unacceptable exposure to civil liability claims, or the expense of providing a program that is risk-free.
I have read and understood this document and sign it freely and knowingly, intending that it shall be fully operative and effective in all respects and that it waives legal rights to which I might otherwise be entitled if I am hurt or suffer loss during my participation in that activity.
YOU MUST CAREFULLY READ THIS DOCUMENT BEFORE SIGNING IT.
YOU ARE WAIVING OR RELEASING VALUABLE LEGAL RIGHTS.
YOU ARE ADVISED TO SEEK THE ADVICE OF AN ATTORNEY IF YOU DO NOT FULLY UNDERSTAND THIS DOCUMENT.
SIGNED THIS DATE:
Click here to confirm acceptance of - WAIVER AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
Comments are closed.