Holiday Lighting Contest
Orange City’s Holiday Lighting Contest is open to all incorporated Orange City residents and businesses. Registration is open November 30 – December 9. Each entry MUST designate ONE category that the home is completing for.
- Clark W Griswold – The display you can see from outer space!
- Frosty’s Recognition: Best use of holiday characters (Frosty, Santa, Mrs. Claus, Rudolph, Buddy the Elf, etc.)
- Traditional – Light display that captures the classic Christmas motif
- Rookie – First year entering the contest
- Commercial – for commercial businesses
Previous Winner Eligibility: New categories have been established for 2021. Winners from 2020 are eligible to select and compete in one category of their choosing (excluding rookie). Going forward, any resident who wins a category in 2021 will not be eligible to win that same category in 2022.
- Holiday Lighting Contest Guidelines
- Decorations must be visible from the roadway. Only properties within the city limits are eligible for judging.
- Last day to submit an online entry form is Monday, December 13, 2021.
- Decorations for the contest must be available and lit up December 15-21 between the hours of 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. for judging.
- Contest winners will be notified on December 22, 2021.
- A Holiday Lighting Contest awards presentation will take place at the City Council meeting on January 11, 2022 at 6:30 pm.
Light Up Orange City – Friday, December 3, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Location: block of City Hall, 205 E Graves Ave, Orange City
Join us in our historic corridor for Christmas carols. Watch the Mayor flip the switch and light the park up! There will be children’s activities for all to enjoy (free admission). Food trucks will have food available for purchase. Dickinson Park will host Movie in the Park.
Christmas Parade – Saturday, December 11, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Christmas Parade Rules and Guidelines (PDF)
We invite your organization or club to participate in this year’s Christmas Parade.
***ROAD CLOSURE BEGINS AT 4:30 PM***
Road Closure: Volusia Avenue will be closed from Wisconsin Avenue, south to Rhode Island Avenue, starting at 4:30 PM on Saturday, December 11th. Roads will re-open at the conclusion of the parade at approximately 6:30 PM.
Parade Route: South on Volusia Ave, beginning at French Ave and ending at Ohio Ave.