Military Tribute Banner Program
The goal of this program is to honor and recognize Orange City residents and their immediate family members who currently serve or have served in the military.
Thanks to AdventHealth, the program is free for Orange City residents (city limits and unincorporated area) and is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please review the requirements and program details below.
The 2023 banner program is full.
If you would like to participate, we are starting a waiting list for the 2024 program. Thank you for your interest!
For questions, please email PIO.
To qualify for a banner, honorees must meet the following requirements:
- Active or honorably discharged military personnel of the United States Armed Forces or died in the line of duty as a member of the United States Armed Forces.
- A current Orange City resident (mailing address or city limits) or an immediate family member of an Orange City resident. Immediate family would include a wife or husband, mother or father, grandmother or grandfather, son or daughter, grandson or granddaughter, son-in-law or daughter-in-law.
The following must be included with the application:
- Photograph – A 5” by 7” or larger color photograph must be provided. The photograph should be of the service person in uniform. If none is available, a high-resolution photo will suffice. The photograph must be of good quality and will not be returned. Please do not send the original photograph. If a photo is not available or does not meet reproduction standards, a service branch seal will be used.
- Verification of military service (i.e., copy of military orders or military ID, DD214 form).
- Proof of Orange City residency for the service person or immediate family member (i.e., copy of utility bill or driver’s license). This is not limited to city limits. An Orange City mailing address will be accepted.
- Installation shall be the responsibility of the City.
- Available spaces are determined on a first-come, first-served basis. All banner locations shall be determined by the City.
- Fabrication and design of banners is the sole responsibility of the City. Banner specifications will be provided by the City.
- Once produced and installed, banners will only be used one time.
- Due to the limited number or poles, only one banner application per household will be accepted each year.
- All banner requests shall be submitted by the approved application along with a picture and military branch of the officer.
- Banner installation shall be limited to City poles with approved banner brackets.
- Pole selection shall be limited to posts that work well for the program; this may limit the number of veterans that can be honored at one time.
- The City reserves the right not to install a banner if the requirements of this banner program are not met.
- To assure adequate opportunities to honor all requests, veterans my only be honored with a pole banner once.