Where can I dispose of hazardous materials?

Volusia County has two locations to dispose of hazardous waste.

West Volusia Transfer Station
3151 E. New York Ave.
DeLand, FL 32724
7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday
Closed Sunday    

Tomoka  Landfill
1990 Tomoka Farms Road
Port Orange, FL 32128-3752
7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday
Closed Sunday

For more information regarding hazardous waste, please visit the Volusia County website.

What are the burn regulations for the city limits of Orange City?


Open burning of land clearing, commercial waste, residential trash, garbage, lawn debris, clippings, trees or other debris on residential, commercial, or industrial property is prohibited.


  • Outdoor fireplaces, kilns, ovens or similar devices
  • Outdoor cooking fires that are constantly attended that are no larger than 3 feet in diameter with flames no higher than 3 feet
  • Fire Department training fires
  • Prescribed burns conducted by the fire department or Florida Forest Service

Daily permit needed:

  • Ceremonial fires (bon fires)
  • Emergency condition that exists within the City that warrants burning
  • Land clearing by a State certified pile burner using an Air Curtain Burning System

Florida Forestry Service

Where can I dispose of my sharps?

Residents of Orange City and DeBary may dispose of their sharps at either Station 67 (215 N. Holly Ave, Orange City) or Station 33 (75 S. Charles Richard Beall Blvd, DeBary).  More information about the Sharps Disposal program can be found here.

Does the Fire Department fill swimming pools?

No, the Orange City Fire Department does not fill swimming pools.

For other questions, please contact the fire department at 386-775-5460.

Comments are closed.