City Clerks Office
229 E Graves Ave.
Orange City, FL 32763
Business Hours- Monday-Friday 8:00 AM -5:00 PM
Melani Beringer – email@example.com
Deputy City Clerk
Kaley Burleson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Bobe – email@example.com
The City Clerk’s Office serves as a liaison, and bridges the gap, between the City Council, City staff, and the public. It is the mission of the City Clerk’s Office to establish trust and confidence within the City government and public, and to provide effective and efficient public service for all citizens.
The City Clerk’s Office fulfills the duties pursuant to the City Charter and Florida Statutes. These duties include maintaining, recording and preserving all official documents and proceedings of the City Council. The City Clerk is the custodian of the City seal and authenticates by signature and records all official legislative actions of the City Council. The City Clerk countersigns all contracts made on behalf of the City.
The City Clerk also:
- Prepares and distributes City Council meeting agendas and transcribes meeting minutes
- Provides access to public records and maintains a comprehensive records management system
- Prepares all legal advertising or other advertising required by the City.
- Assists in the drafting, advertising, presentation, execution and recording of all City ordinances and resolutions. Supervises codification of City ordinances.
- Qualifies candidates for municipal office and supervises municipal elections.
If you are interested in serving as a volunteer on a City committee board, please click here to download an application or just stop by the City Clerk’s office for an application.